RV/MH Hall of Fame News
Pioneer retailer and park operator, Indiana MHA President in 1947 and 1951, early land–home subdivision developer, active TDNA member, life-long promoter of the manufactured home industry.
Past President PMHA, one of the founders and first President of WDA, first Chairman of Northeast MHA, Past President of the Hardison Institute, long time manufactured home and RV sales trainer.
Founder and first Executive Director of Michigan Private Campground Owners Association, Executive Director of Craftsmen’s Guild, Charter Board Member of RVI, TDNA service school staff, first chairman of Indiana MHI RV division, Chairman first national RV Show. Career as Retailer, Supplier, Manufacturer, Campground operator and Association Executive
Pioneer developer of LP gas appliances and fixtures for the trailer coach industry. Developed hitch mounted gas tank rack and regulator system. First supplier member of both MHMA and RVI. Developed first wide spread fender mount mirrors for tow cars.
Active member and Past President of North Carolina MHI, South Carolina MHI, and SEMHI, MHI Board member, worked with University of North Carolina school of interior design or mobile home design concepts. Conceived and developed land-home sub divisions.
Originated a state wide mobile home show, successfully lobbied the 14 wide movement law through Ohio legislature becoming the first state east of Mississippi to allow 14 wide movement, developed a model mobile home park tenant-landlord law.
Charter member of Illinois MHA, an operator of 35 mobilehome sales centers, he was instrumental in getting highway approval for 12 wide movement in Illinois and was a leader in getting local banks and finance institutions to finance manufactured homes.