RV/MH Hall of Fame Members
Robert (Bob) Edward Richardson
Richardson Homes Corp
Robert (Bob) Edward Richardson was co-founder of what later became Richardson Homes Corporation in 1945. In 1959, he purchased 100% interest in the company and built one of the world’s largest mobile home manufacturing facilities in 1965. He instituted numerous innovations in the manufacturing process to increase efficiency and reduce costs, which were subsequently adopted throughout the industry. Bob’s real passion was research and development, constantly striving to be the industry leader in innovation and design. His forward thinking and commitment to act, helped advance the industry during the formative years of the mobile home industry. In 1969, he sold RHC to Maceo Corporation and in 1971 he retired from RHC as its chairman, president and chief executive officer. Also in 1969, he led a group of investors to develop Timberbrook Mobile Home Community, a 288-unit upscale community. It was the first of its kind in the region. He was the past director of the Mobile Home Manufacturers Association and served on the executive committee. He also played an integral leadership role in securing Indiana legislation to allow the transportation of 14-foot-wide homes.
Rose indicates the member is deceased.